Park Holidays UK

Do you pay council tax on a caravan holiday home at a holiday park?

If you’re considering buying a lodge or static caravan, you may have some questions about the costs involved. One of these may be whether you have to pay council tax on these types of holiday homes.

Do I have to pay council tax on a caravan holiday home at a holiday park?

No, you are not required to pay council tax on the ownership of a park home, lodge, or static caravan located within a holiday park in England, Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland.

Typically, holiday homes are not considered primary residences and therefore do not fall under the category of domestic property for council tax purposes. Council tax is exclusively applicable to your main residence, where you permanently reside. This means that owning a caravan or lodge holiday home might be a notably more cost-effective way of enjoying the lifestyle that comes with having your own holiday home compared to that of a traditional bricks-and-mortar property.

scenic park view

If you’d like to find out more about owning a holiday home with Park Holidays UK and Park Leisure, why not get in touch with or friendly team, or read more about our stunning holiday parks located across the UK.

Get in touch

Got more questions?

If you have any other questions regarding holiday home ownership, we’d be happy to help. With over 50 holiday parks situated in stunning locations throughout the UK –our welcoming team is ready to assist you with every aspect of your journey toward owning a holiday home.

Liked this post? Why not share it?

Other articles you may like...