Dog Friendly Holidays
Don't leave your best friend at home!
Travelling With Your Dog
Bringing your pet on holiday doesn't have to be a chore, but it pays to be prepared when doing so.
We've collected some top tips for making your journey as trouble-free as possible.
To make your trip as effortless and pain-free as possible, it’s a good idea to compile a checklist of items you need to bring along with you. To help, we have compiled our own list to get you started:
- Food/Treats – Bear in mind that you might not be able to pick up your pooch’s favourite food or treats whilst on location, so make sure you take enough (and a little extra) with you just in case. Bonus tip: Don’t forget the can opener!
- Food and Water Bowls – Packing your dog’s feeding bowls will not only give them something to eat from, but the familiarity of having the same bowl will help ease them into their new environment.
- Bedding and Blankets – When it comes to settling in, your pet’s blankets or bedding will help a great deal in making them feel at home.
- Toys – Bring along a few of their favourite toys for when you're not off exploring or going for walks.
- Plastic bags - An essential to pick up after them along the way.
- Leads – Our parks require pets to be on a lead at all times - unless within designated dog walking areas (please see individual parks for availability).
- Collars/Tags – Just in case your pet gets lost, make sure they’re wearing a collar or name tag so that they can be returned to you safely. Consider adding a specific holiday tag to your pet whilst you are away with details of your current whereabouts.
- Medication and First Aid – Make sure that you are prepared for any accidents or injuries that can easily be dealt with, and of course any medication your dog needs.
- Towels and Shampoo – It’s not uncommon for your dog to get a little messy when out and about on adventures, so it’s generally a good idea to prepare for this eventuality when on your travels.
- Your camera – Don’t miss out on all those great memories you’ll want to capture and share with friends, or with us on our twitter/facebook pages!
Pet Friendly Accommodation
We offer lots of pet friendly options allowing you to bring your beloved dog (or cat) along. There's plenty of room in a caravan holiday home for everyone, and most of our holiday parks are a great place to exercise a dog on a lead - with many excellent walking areas available nearby too. We offer accommodation for pets in all grades - just look for the "Pets Friendly" symbol on the accommodation type when booking online and add your pet as an Extra during the booking process.MORE ABOUT ACCOMMODATION
The last thing you need is a sick pet when travelling. This means it might be wise to make a trip to the vet for a pre-travel check-up and to ensure that your pet is up-to-date with all necessary vaccinations. It’s also worth considering how well your pet will travel, as many small dogs and cats can find travelling stressful, not to mention adjusting to any new environments.
Travel with care
Be sure to allow for plenty of rest stops whilst travelling, providing enough water along the way. This will help keep your pet calm throughout your journey and ensure you have the safest possible trip. Packing treats can also a good idea in order to encourage good behaviour, though be mindful of causing stomach upsets if used too much whilst in motion.
Pet Friendly Holiday Deals
Bring your pets on holiday with Park Holidays UK! We want to make holidaying with your dog easy and inexpensive!Find A Holiday