BlogFun and Games
Let’s Bake some Christmas Cake Pops!
With Christmas fast approaching, why not put your little ones to the test and follow our kid-friendly* cake pops recipe? They’re delicious, fun to make and will most certainly get you in the festive mood.
*Disclaimer… We said kid-friendly, not mess-free! 😆
For the Cake
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
For the Buttercream
- 75g butter
- 150g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 200g of your desired chocolate, melted
- Sprinkles & Christmas decorations
- Food colouring (optional)
Oh, and don’t forget the lollypop sticks!
Making the Cake:
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm sandwich tin.
- Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl until creamy.
- One by one, slowly beat in the eggs, then fold in the flour and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your cake tin and bake for 20 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- Set aside to cool!
Making the Butter Cream:
While the cake is cooling, make your buttercream!
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl, until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk and beat again.
Making the Pops
Once your cake has cooled down, you can start making your cake pops!
- Crumble your cake into large crumbs.
- Add the buttercream and stir together.
- Take chunks of the cake mixture and roll them into balls, transferring each ball to a lined tray or pate.
- Push a lollypop stick into each.
- Put them all into the fridge for an hour to set.
Making the topping
Now for the messy (we mean fun) part!
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 10 seconds until smooth.
- Add your food colouring if desired (this works best with white chocolate).
- Put your different toppings into individual bowls.
- Take each cake pop and dip it into the chocolate, allowing it to drip a little.
- Dip it into your sprinkles or festive decorations.
- Stand them upright in a mug and place them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
And Voila! You have your festive cake pops!
Caravan Holidays & Short Breaks
We're one of the largest providers of caravan holidays in the UK, with more holiday parks along the south coast of England than anyone else.
Other articles you may like...
Holidays and short breaks
Holiday home sales enquiries
** Standard rate call. Included in your FREE minutes bundle!