Health and Safety during your holiday visit
When visiting us we are sure you will have a really enjoyable time and we will do everything we can to ensure you have a pleasant stay. We are particularly keen to ensure your children’s, and your own, safety and security during your holiday and
have prepared these notes to help you.
Please do not hesitate to notify management or staff of any suspicious events on the park no matter how trivial they may seem.
Please notify staff of any accidents immediately and complete an accident report form.
Mums and Dads
- Make sure your children know where they are staying and your unit number or name.
- Familiarise them with the park, showing them where your accommodation is in relation to the main facilities.
- Your children are welcome to join in the activities although under 12’s must be accompanied by an adult. Please remind your children about good behaviour and to listen to the Entertainers.
- Please notify the Entertainers of any medication being taken by your children, or any medical condition they may have.
- All activities take place on park.
- If you wish your children to take part, please take them along at the specified time and make sure you and they know what time each session ends.
Although you are on holiday, it is important to know where your children are at all times.
Before going to the pool
Please do not leave valuables or any personal effects on pool side as we will not be held responsible for theft, loss or damage. Only swimwear designed to be used in a pool environment can be used in the water.
All children under the age of 8 and all nonswimmers MUST be accompanied in the water by a competent adult and kept within arm’s length at all times. All children under the age of 12 MUST be accompanied in the swimming pool complex.
Pools may operate a daily adult swimming session, where only competent swimmers can enter the water. We may also operate a band system for entry into the pool during busy times.
Before entering the pool
Please encourage children to use the toilet before swimming. Please use the shower, where provided, before swimming. Always check the depth markings.
At the pool
- Do not run around the poolside as it is wet and may be slippery.
- Children using swim aids such as armbands must be constantly supervised (large inflatables are not permitted).
- Please do not fight, scream, ‘bomb’, duck, run or play ball games in or around the pool.
- Please be aware that the pool has to be closed for 6 - 8 hours if any mishap occurs. All instructions from the lifeguard must be obeyed.
Did you know?
The expression road means any highway and any other road to which the public has access. This includes all the roads on the holiday park of similar areas which are subject to the Road Traffic Act provisions. By virtue of the previous definition,
it is an offence to drive when under the influence of drink or drugs or be in charge of a motor vehicle with an alcoholic concentration above the prescribed limit. This is applied to any other public places on the parks, including car
parks. In other words, all the rules of the road that apply in our towns and cities also apply on our holiday parks.
Please take care.
DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE! LEAVE YOUR CAR IN A CAR PARK. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE HIGHWAY CODE!
- Please warn your children to take care when crossing the park roads.
- A 10mph speed limit applies to all park roads, however there may be exceptions on some parks, so please adhere to the speed limits as sign posted.
- Follow the Highway Code at all times.
- Park Holidays UK has a zero tolerance to drink driving. Please drink responsibly during your stay.
Please only park in designated parking areas and not on the grass or blocking any roadways due to emergency access requirements.
- Minimise the valuables you bring with you.
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Ensure windows and doors are kept closed when you are out.
- Do not leave handbags etc unattended when using the facilities.
- Advise a member of management if you see or suspect anyone acting suspiciously.
- We accept no liability for any loss/theft, you would claim for any incident via your insurance company.
Incidents or Accidents
Please do not hesitate to notify management or staff of any incidents which may occur on the park, no matter how trivial they may seem. We would also request that you notify a member of staff immediately, should any accident occur and complete
an accident report form.
Boys and Girls
- Make sure you know where your accommodation is and how to find places like the pool and the playground.
- Don’t wander off without telling your parents where you are going.
- Remember, just as you would at home, never talk to or accept gifts from strangers.
If you discover a fire please evacuate your accommodation, alert your neighbouring guests and inform staff immediately at Reception. If it is during the night please call the fire brigade by dialling 999.
All units have a smoke and carbon monoxide detector which is checked on every changeover. If it does start beeping please advise Reception. In the unlikely event that either of these are activated please evacuate the holiday home and alert
Reception or a member of staff immediately.
Please ensure that you do not disconnect the smoke detector as this saves lives.
You may not be used to walking over grassy, undulating ground or through wooded areas and should take extra care to avoid any naturally occurring hazards such as rabbit holes, slippery mud or low hung branches.
To ensure we help preserve the rural nature of the park we will limit the amount of street lighting that is provided and in some areas may intentionally reduce the amount of light at night in order to assist children to sleep, so it is advisable
to use a torch at night to light your way and keep you safe.