Everything you need to know about your break
We can’t wait to welcome you onto one of our holiday parks soon – here’s what to expect on your Park Holidays UK break …
Around our parks
We have worked hard to ensure you feel safe – but also that you have as much fun as you normally would while holidaying with us. Please find below a few of the safety measures we’ve put in place:
- In line with government guidelines, guests over 11 years of age must wear face masks (unless medically exempt) in all shops, any in areas where you are in close proximity to other guests, and in the park complex until you are seated at your table
- Hand sanitiser will be provided throughout the park – we encourage frequent use during your visit
- All staff are temperature-checked upon arrival for their shifts and will be provided the appropriate PPE
- Perspex screens have been installed in reception areas where social distancing may not be possible
- All our holiday parks prefer cashless payments, so don’t forget your card
Your Arrival & Check-In
With our new way to holiday, our check-in process has changed slightly to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. We will phone you a few days before your arrival, to confirm your check-in arrangements and to ensure that all members of your party are safe and well.
Check-in for all accommodation will be from 4pm onwards.
Here’s what you can expect upon arrival:
- Follow the signs at the entrance of the park
- We have installed Perspex screens at our reception – so we can all keep our distance
- Hand sanitising stations are provided at the entrance of our reception area
- We ask that only one person comes into reception to check-in
- You will be shown where your accommodation is on our holiday park map
- The key for your accommodation will be cleaned and sterilised, and added to your welcome pack
- Every accommodation is fully cleaned and sanitised before each stay. Our housekeeping team wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning
After your well-deserved break, please vacate your accommodation by 10am on the morning of your departure and leave the park by midday to prevent overcrowding
- We ask that only one person returns the accommodation key to our main reception
- If you wish to leave the night before or when the reception is closed - simply drop your keys in the drop box located by the main reception doors
We’ve made some changes to how we prepare the accommodation for your arrival. This includes:
- Enhanced cleaning using a 2-step clean and sanitise process, which will be completed between each stay
- Special focus on all high-touch areas
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be issued to all cleaning and maintenance staff
- Bed linen will be freshly laundered at a temperature of over 70 degrees Celsius according to World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations
Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools
Entertainment & Facilities
We pride ourselves in providing the best in entertainment and that's never going to change. However, we have added some extra precautions to make sure we can keep you and your family safe:*
- We now only offer pre-booked sit-down table service for all our entertainment services
- All table reservations should be made before or during your stay - we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment
- Face masks must be worn by all guests aged over 11 years of age (unless medically exempt) in the park complex until you are seated at your table
Our playground is the perfect place for children to let loose. However, we still request that socially distancing is maintained as much as possible – they can climb, slide and run around as they normally would, but we have added:
- Hand sanitising stations near the play area to encourage use before and after entering the playpark
- Daily enhanced cleaning sessions
- We suggest parents wear face masks if the area is crowded
Get your game on in our arcade areas and gaming zones! We have implemented the following to ensure your safety:
- Face masks must be worn by everyone over 11 years of age (unless medically exempt)
- Hand sanitising stations will be available throughout
- Enhanced cleaning will take place on all high-touch areas
- Please choose machines that adhere to the 1m+ social distancing guideline
- We recommend that you bring your own change for the arcade machines when possible
Many of our parks offer a wide choice of activities for you to enjoy during your break. We are confident that these activities are safe for you and your family, but have taken the following precautions:
- All activities must be booked at the reception desk or the Park Holidays UK app, if available
- All activities will run with reduced numbers to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- Hand sanitisers will be offered before and after each activity
- All staff will wear appropriate PPE while the session takes place
- Enhanced cleaning will take place in all high-touch areas
*Activities and entertainment are regularly reviewed and updated to keep in line with the latest government guideline
We are also able to offer:
Flexible Dining Options
We’re happy to confirm we are still able to offer our flexible dining options. Choose from the 2, 3, 4 or 7-day breakfast, or breakfast and evening package, and eat on the days that you choose!
*Excludes November and December breaks
Takeaways will be available from most of our holiday parks via our new online ordering service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you must book a table in advance for all our entertainment, restaurant and bar services. All table reservations can be made from 4 weeks before your arrive via your Manage My Booking area or at reception during your stay - we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
Simply hover your camera over the QR code on our menu and you’ll be directed to our online ordering service.
We have a few options available. You can pay at the comfort of your table by PayPal when placing your order. Alternatively, we still accept orders, vouchers and payment at the bar, if this is not an option.
On top of following a strict enhanced cleaning and sanitising programme in our kitchens and serving areas, our staff will consistently take all the recommended precautionary measures to ensure your utmost safety and will wear the appropriate PPE. Find out more >
When accessing indoor public areas in our parks, we ask all guests over the age of 11 to wear face masks (unless medically exempt) until you are seated at your table.
If you fall ill during your stay with us or develop a new continuous cough or high fever, you must immediately call reception from your accommodation and we will advise you of the next steps to take. You can find your park’s reception number on your welcome pack or on our contact us page.
If any local or national lockdowns are introduced, or our main facilities are not available due to government guideline. You can choose to:
If you should start coming down with any covid-19 symptoms, PLEASE DO NOT COME ON HOLIDAY, call us immediately, and you can choose to either move holiday to another date*, or cancel for a full refund.Find Out More
The Government has passed new legislation that restricts gatherings of people to a maximum of six either indoors or outdoors. This legislation came into effect on Monday 14th September. Exemptions will apply for people living in the same household or support bubble only (for more information on this, please see the government website).Guests who are affected by this new legislation and do not qualify under one of the few exemptions, have the option to:
If you have any questions about your holiday, feel free to call our Reservations Team on