UK Caravan Holidays - Deals & Information
Rugby festival set to take over Clacton-on-sea beach this summer
Perhaps more associated with sun seekers bathing and leisurely paddling, the famous Clacton-on-Sea beach is preparing to host its eighth Beach Rugby Festival.
Started in 2005 and hosted by the Clacton Rugby Club, the event is open to all ages and usually attracts a large turnout, with 44 teams turning up last year to compete for victory. An attraction to Rugby clubs across the country, it has become a landmark event in the area.
Last year’s competition featured five-a-side games played under Tag Rugby rules, with each contest lasting for seven minutes. Once the event was brought to a close, the teams headed back to the Clacton Rugby Clubhouse, where trophies are handed out to the victors.
Running from 5 – 7 July, it could be the perfect event to enjoy with your family. If Rugby isn’t up your street, there are plenty of other things to do in the surrounding area, so why not browse some of the fine static caravans for sale at one of the nearby holiday parks, it could be the perfect base for your British vacation.
Image credit: M@R©K
View touring and camping news
View holiday home ownership news
View holidays deals
119 News Articles Found.
- 19th Oct 2012 Get Spooked This October Half Term
- 14th Nov 2012 Top three beaches on the English Riviera
- 14th Feb 2014 2014 to be Hottest Year on Record
- 21st Nov 2011 Loopy helps Children in Need
- 14th Nov 2012 Top three attractions to visit in Colchester
- 15th Mar 2010 Walking Holidays - UK Caravan Holiday Parks
- 15th Dec 2011 Celebrate London 2012 Olympics with an active caravan holiday in Devon
- 14th Mar 2013 Park Holidays UK ask for customer rated feedback through Feefo
- 15th Dec 2011 Jurassic Coast gateway 'to welcome those on Devon holidays'
- 19th Dec 2011 Our New Website Address!